Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation and has combined this expertise in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, but without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. X2 LXT technology delivers increased power, speed, and run time, without the hassles of a cord. Get up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber with two 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately).
The efficient BL™ Brushless Motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer tool life and delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and smoother cutting. The XSL08Z also features Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS® utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XSL08Z is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
The XSL08Z has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4”), crown molding cutting capacity (8” nested), and 15” crosscuts at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft Start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother Start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. Additional features include a built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, dual dust collection ports for excellent dust extraction performance and an electric brake provides added convenience. It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting.
The XSL08Z includes a 12” 60T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade. The thin-kerf design provides smoother cuts with less drag on the motor and minimal material loss. Compared to standard blades the Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade delivers up to 100% faster cutting.
(1) 12" 60T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade (B-66983)
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) Vertical Vise (126617-2)
(1) Hex Wrench
Technical Data + Specifications
Power Type : Cordless
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
No Load Speed : 4,400 RPM
Blade Diameter : 12"
Arbor : 1"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 3-5/8" x 15"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 3-5/8" x 10-1/2"
Electric Brake : Yes
Laser Guide : Yes
Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™) : Capable (transmitter sold separately)
Stand included : No
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 35-1/4" x 27-1/4" x 28-1/2"
Net Weight (with battery) : 69.1 lbs.
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 90.41 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381879385
Benefits + Features
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- AWS® capable with Auto-start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 8" crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4" baseboard (vertical), and 15" crosscuts at 90°
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 5-1/2" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Clip-on dust hose nozzle for convenient and secure connection
- Large extension wings adjust easily for increased material support and stability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge levels
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargersold separately)
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Weighs 69.1 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers