Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation. This combined expertise resulted in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Kit with Laser (XSL07Z). It gets up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber with two 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately).
The efficient BL™ Brushless Motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer tool life and delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and smoother cutting. The XSL07Z also features Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
The XSL07Z has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (6-3/4”), crown molding cutting capacity (8” nested), and 15” crosscuts at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. Additional features include a built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, dual dust collection ports for excellent dust extraction performance and an electric brake provides added convenience. It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting.
The XSL07Z includes a 12” 60T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade.
(1) 12" 60T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade (B-66983)
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) Vertical Vise (126617-2)
(1) Hex Wrench
Technical Data + Specifications
Power Type : Cordless
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
No Load Speed : 4,400 RPM
Blade Diameter : 12"
Arbor : 1"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 3-5/8" x 15"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 3-5/8" x 10-1/2"
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 35-1/4" x 27-1/4" x 28-1/2"
Electric Brake : Yes
Laser Guide : Yes
Net Weight (with battery) : 69.1 lbs.
Stand included : No
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 90.41 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381879439
Benefits + Features
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 175 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 8" crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4" baseboard (vertical), and 15" crosscuts at 90°
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 5-1/2" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort
- Clip-on dust hose nozzle for convenient and secure connection
- Large extension wings adjust easily for increased material support and stability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge levels
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Weighs 69.1 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)