Makita offers a portable cutting solution with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 6-1/2" Compact Dual-Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser (tool only). The efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life with no brushes to replace. The XSL05Z combines performance and portability: it weighs only 14.6 lbs. with battery (sold separately), and is equipped with Automatic Speed Change™ technology which adjusts cutting speed and torque for optimum performance under load.
This compact cordless miter saw is engineered for cutting a variety of materials including wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately). It is ideal for room-to-room applications including baseboard and ceiling trim.
It has a cutting capacity of Cutting capacity of 1-13/16" x 3-5/8" at 90° and 1-13/16" x 2-9/16" at 45°. It miters 0-52° left and right; bevels 0-46° left and right, with miter detents at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45° left and right. Added features include a built-in L.E.D. light, and a see-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut. It has a direct-drive gear system so there’s no belt to slip or replace.
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) 6-1/2" x 5/8" 64T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
(1) Vertical Vise
(1) Hex Wrench
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Diameter : 6-1/2"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 1-13/16" x 3-5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 1-13/16" x 2-9/16"
No Load Speed : 5,000 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 13-3/8" x 15-3/4" x 17-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 14.6 lbs.
Form Factor (LXT) : Compact
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 20.3 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381850605
Benefits + Features
- Weighs only 14.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for easy portability
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Battery delivers the power and performance of a corded miter saw without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (battery not included)
- LXT® technology delivers up to 270 cuts per charge in 1/2" x 3-1/2" baseboard using one 6.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- High power provides efficient cutting in a variety of different materials including wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Cutting capacity of 1-13/16" x 3-5/8" at 90° and 1-13/16" x 2-9/16" at 45°
- Mini sub-fence provides wide support when performing vertical cuts or left bevel cuts
- Miters 0-52° left and right; bevels 0-46° left and right
- Miter detents at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45° left and right
- Aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge on the tool indicates battery charge levels
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers