Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding collection of string trimmers, including the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless String Trimmer Kit (XRU18PT). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance than gas-powered string trimmers, the 36V (18V X2) LXT® String Trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. The XRU18 has the power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer.
The efficient Makita® BL™ Brushless Motor delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. With a 17” cutting swath, the XRU18 provides increased productivity. The steel drive shaft provides less vibration and longer equipment life.
The String Trimmer features Makita® Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
Model XRU18PT is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
(1) 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless String Trimmer (XRU18Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head
Technical Data + Specifications
Cutting Swath : 17"
No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 4,000 / 0 - 4,600 / 0 - 6,000 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M10 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length : 72-1/2"
Net Weight (without battery) : 10.8 lbs.
Net Weight (with battery) :13.6 lbs.
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 26.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381890045
Benefits + Features
- Power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor provides high power and increased torque
- 17" cutting swath for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Steel drive shaft for less vibration and longer equipment life
- 3 speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 4,600 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) for power management
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM for extended run time or added power
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Adjustable loop handle for operator comfort
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Includes bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" twisted quiet line
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger