Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Recipro Saw (tool only). It has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application, and is powered by the industry’s fastest charging 18V lithium-ion batteries (sold separately). With Makita, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XRJ05Z as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool line-up.
The XRJ05Z is equipped with efficiency features for faster cutting. The long 1-1/4” stroke length increases cutting efficiency, and the refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration. Convenience features include an L.E.D. light to illuminate the line of cut, a retractable tool hook, and “tool-less” blade change for faster blade installation and removal.
(1) 6" Wood Cutting Recipro Saw Blade, 6TPI (723054-A-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Length of Stroke : 1-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (wood w/ 12" blade) : 10"
Max. Cutting Capacity (pipe) : 5-1/8"
Strokes Per Minute (var. 2 spd.) : 0 - 2,300 / 0 - 3,000 SPM
Overall Length : 17-1/4"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Net Weight (with battery) : 8.2 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Built-in clutch : No
Orbital settings : No
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 8.47 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381807609
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built variable 2-speed brushless motor delivers 0-2,300 (Low) & 0-3,000 (High) strokes per minute and a 1-1/4" stroke length for faster cutting
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/4" long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Reinforced fixed shoe for added durability
- Large two-finger variable speed trigger for operator convenience
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers