The Makita 18V X2 LXT® Hedge Trimmer (model XHU04Z, tool only) is powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (36V), so you get 36V power and run time for gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. Batteries and charger are sold separately.
The XHU04Z Hedge Trimmer has a 25-1/2" blade and the Makita-built motor delivers 3,600 SPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise. The cordless XHU04Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pickup your XHU04Z, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the trimmer is ready to use.
Additional features include a two-handed operation switch is engineered to activate the motor only when the switch and top handle are engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
(1) Blade Cover
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Length : 25-1/2"
Strokes Per Minute : 3,600 SPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 48-3/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 12.2 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushed
Shipping Weight : 13.7 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381670357
Benefits + Features
- 25-1/2” dual action double-sided shear blade for increased cutting capacity
- Makita-built motor delivers up to 3,600 SPM for faster cutting
- 6 speed dial (0 - 3,600 SPM) allows the user to match the speed to the application
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Up to 2 hours of run time on low setting under load using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries
- 5-position rotating rear handle for increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming
- Two-handed operation; tool is activated only when the trigger and front handle are engaged
- Heavy duty gear case engineered for improved durability
- Blade tip guard protects blade from unnecessary wear
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately