The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Quick-Shift Mode 3-Speed Impact Driver (model XDT14Z, tool only) is a best-in-class fastening solution for users who want more torque, longer run-time, and precision fastening features. The XDT14Z delivers all of the above in a compact size with a superior power-to-weight ratio.
The XDT14Z combines a full 1,550 in.lbs. of fastening torque with category-leading precision features. Quick-Shift Mode is an automatic electronic controller that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place. It is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work.
For faster tightening of self-drilling screws, use the Tightening Mode (T-mode) and avoid damage to the screw or work piece. These precision settings, combined with 3-speed power settings, give users more control for a wide range of fastening tasks – from cabinet screws and deck screws to lag bolts, and much more. It is only 4-5/8" long and ideal for work in tight spaces.
(1) Makita XDT14Z 18V Brushless 3‑Speed Impact Driver
Technical Data +Specifications
Hex Shank: 1/4"
No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.): 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,600 RPM
Impacts Per Minute (var. 3 spd.): 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,600 / 0 - 3,800 IPM
Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 1,550 in.lbs./175N•m
Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length: 4-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 2.9 lbs.
Speed power selection: 3
Power Type: Cordless
Shipping Weight: 2.9 lbs.
Benefits + Features
- Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- Tightening Mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,100 / 0-2,100 / 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 Max RPM and 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-5/8" long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Dual L.E.D. lights with an independent on/off switch illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery not included)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers