For straighter, more accurate cutting in vertical and overhead applications, Makita has a solution with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Cut-Out Saw (model XDS01Z, tool only). It’s designed to cut openings in installed board, including drywall and plywood, and will cut up to 984 feet of ½” drywall on a single charge using a 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). To help prevent damage to objects behind the board being cut, it has a short ¼” stroke length with an adjustable blade depth up to 1-3/16" (9/16" in wood). For improved dust extraction, the XDS01Z has a dust port with a clear dust box for increased visibility. It is ideal for cut-outs and drywall repair applications.
(1) Cut-Out Saw Blade, Drywall (B-49703-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Max. Cutting Capacity (drywall) : 1-3/16"
Max. Cutting Capacity (wood) : 9/16"
Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 6,000 SPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 9-1/8"
Length of Stroke : 1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 4.2 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
Motor Type : Brushed
Shipping Weight : 3.8 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381826877
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-6,000 strokes per minute for faster and more efficient cutting
- Designed to cut openings in installed board with an adjustable blade depth up to 1-3/16" (9/16" in wood)
- Cuts up to 984 feet of 1/2" drywall on a single charge using 4.0Ah battery BL1840B (battery not included)*
- Short 1/4" stroke length with adjustable blade depth helps prevent damage to objects behind the board being cut
- Clear dust box for dust containment with increased visibility for operator convenience
- Built-in dust port swivels for increased maneuverability when connected to vacuum hose
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Non-marring plastic base cover protects drywall surface from potential damage caused by the metal base
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- Rubberized soft grip handle for increased operator comfort
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Blade cover with on-board storage protects blade and material surface from damage when saw is not in use
- Blade wrench attaches to the saw for fast and convenient blade changes
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Hardness of drywall may effect run time performance