Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless Blower. With zero emissions and lower noise, the 18V X2 (36V) Cordless Blower is a welcome solution for clean-up applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor, the blower delivers longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
Model XBU02PT1 is a kit and includes the Blower, four fast-charging 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
Makita’s efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL™ Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 28 minutes of run-time on dial setting #3 on a single charge.
The Blower features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
(1) 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless Blower (XBU02Z)
(4) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) 3-Stage Telescoping Blower Nozzle (455915-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Max. Air Volume : 473 CFM
Max. Air Velocity : 120 MPH
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 11,400 - 21,500 RPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Sound Pressure (per Ansi B175.2 standard) : 61 dB(A)
Overall Length : 36-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 9 lbs.
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 22 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381852111
Benefits + Features
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time at mid-speed (15,800 RPM) using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 120 MPH air velocity and 473 CFM of air volume
- Sound pressure rating of 61 dB(A); measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- 6-stage air velocity/volume selection dial with variable speed control trigger
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the power and run time for gas powered demands without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 36-5/8” long
- Weighs only 9.0 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- In-line fan design provides better tool balance and improved ergonomics
- 3-stage telescoping long nozzle for user convenience
- Conveniently located hole on housing bottom for easy storage
- Instant start-up; simply load two 18V LXT® batteries and the blower is ready to use
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers