The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP02Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power to the jobsite. The XBP02Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight for a range of cutting applications in a variety of metal materials.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XBP02Z features a Makita-built high torque motor and a 6-setting variable speed control dial that delivers a no load speed of 275-530 ft./min. for faster metal cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, and more. The adjustable foot protects material and provides positive support for more accurate cuts.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XBP02Z weighs just 14.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 20-5/8” long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The XBP02Z is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XBP02Z is engineered for a range of metal cutting tasks, and it’s perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless portable band saw.
(1) 44-7/8" 18 TPI Bi-Metal Portable Band Saw Blade (792556-A)
Technical Data + Specifications
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Max. Cutting Capacity (round workpiece) : 4-3/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (rectangular workpiece) : 4-3/4" x 4-3/4"
Blade Length : 44-7/8"
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 275 - 530 ft./min.
Variable speed dial : Yes
Built-in light : Yes
Overall Length : 20-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 14.3 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
Motor Type : Brushed
Shipping Weight : 16.5 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381672016
Benefits + Features
- 4-3/4" cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8" blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Thick protective rubber bumper for added durability
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 20-5/8" long and 14.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable stopper plate protects material and provides positive support for accurate cuts
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area for increased visibility
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy stopper plate adjustment
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers