Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless ½” Right Angle Drill. It's powered by two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries (batteries sold separately) for maximum performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, and the XAD03 will take on the most demanding applications like drilling up to 6-1/4” holes with hole saws and 4-5/8” holes with self-feed bits. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries with the XAD03 as they use across the expansive Makita 18V LXT® cordless system.
The XAD03 has a long list of features for drilling with superior speed and efficiency. The Makita BL™ Brushless Motor combined with X2 LXT® technology delivers no-load drilling speeds of 0-350 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM. Under load, the Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts drill speed and torque during drilling for optimum performance. Added features include an electric brake for maximum productivity, and a built-in clutch that reduces gear damage by disengaging gears if the bit binds (low speed only). It’s powered by two 18V LXT batteries for maximum power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord. When using two 18V 5.0Ah batteries and a self-feed bit (batteries and bit sold separately), the XAD03 will deliver up to 160 2-9/16" holes per charge in 2x SPF.
Tool Only, Battery and Charger not Included.
(1) Side Handle (126802-7)
(1) Hex Wrench (783204-6)
(1) Drill Chuck (763250-5)
(1) Chuck Key (763251-3)
Technical Data + Specifications
Capacity (wood, w/ hole saw) : 6-1/4"
Capacity (wood, w/ ship auger bit) : 2"
Capacity (wood, w/ self feed bit) : 4-5/8"
No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 350 / 0 - 1,400 RPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 21-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 14 lbs.
Chuck Size : 1/2"
Chuck Type : Keyed
Capacity (steel) : 1/2"
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 15.5 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381859011
Benefits + Features
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Drills up to 6-1/4" holes with hole saws and 4-5/8" holes with self feed bits
- Drills up to 160 2-9/16" holes per charge in 2x SPF using two 5.0Ah batteries and self feed bit (batteries and bit not included)
- Makita BL™ Brushless Motor combined with X2 LXT® technology delivers no-load drilling speeds of 0-350 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM for maximum efficiency
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts drill speed and torque during drilling for optimum performance
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Metal-gear housing increases tool durability and extends reliability
- Torque limiter; built-in clutch reduces gear damage by disengaging gears if the bit binds (low speed only)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Variable 2-speed design (0-350 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM) for optimum speed control and drilling versatility
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Built-in tether notch (tether sold separately)
- Includes chuck key with convenient on-tool storage
- Auto power-off feature preserves battery and tool life
- Adjustable top handle for easy positioning
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Includes side handle for better bracing and control
- Compact and ergonomic design at 21-1/4" long; weighs only 14.0 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery and charger not included