Review: This is an amazing little charger that literally breathes new life into your failing DeWalt batteries. It revitalizes everything from 9.6 volts through the big 18-volters, but what's so great about this charger is that not only can it be used as a standard quick charger, but if you leave a worn-down battery in for four to 10 hours, the charger conditions the battery with a tune-up mode, and at completion, it automatically converts to trickle charge, so you'll never damage a battery by leaving it in the charger too long.
Diagnostics with LED indicators give you the battery status at a glance: charged, charging, power line problem, replace pack, and battery too hot or too cold. It's got a small footprint, which is always a plus, and the price is look-twice-and-rub-your-eyes cheap.--Kris Jensen-Van Heste
(1) 7.2-Volt to 18-Volt Pod Style 1 Hour Battery Charger (DW9116)
Technical Data + Specifications
Compatible With: 7.2-18 Volt NiCd and NiMH batteries except for Univolt batteries
Support Lithium-Ion Batteries: No
Tool Weight: 1 lb.
Benefits + Features
- Able to charge DeWalt 7.2V - 18V NiCd and NiMH batteries (except Univolt batteries) so users need only one charger for multiple cordless products.
- This charger is able to fully charge the battery in 1 hour or less thus minimizing excess downtime.
- The DEWALT 3-stage charging system provides maximum run-time and extends overall life of the battery.
- A battery thermal protection system prevents charging batteries that are too hot or too cold, which would cause damage to the battery and a loss of run-time.
- The Diagnostics with LED indicator are 5 indicators to communicate battery charge status: charged, charging, power line problem, replace pack, and battery too hot or too cold.